Monday, April 20, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

OH HIIIII!

I came across a video from Little Book Owl a few days ago that talked about Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon.  When I first heard about this readathon, I didn't even think about signing up.  That is, until I read more details that I found on their site.  Although it's a 24 hour readathon, it's extremely laid back.  Everyone around the world begins reading at the same time and finishes at the same time for 24 hours.  During this time, you try to read as much as you can.  You can update your social media whenever you desire.   You can win prizes once every hour, and you can also win prizes for participating for the full 24 hours.  Basically, there are a lot of chances to win some awesome stuff!  Since I work the day of the readathon, I will be unable to participate in the full 24 hours.  This is probably ideal anyways, since this is my first time participating in any readathon.

A few tricks I have learned prior to starting this readathon is to pick short books that have different genres from one another to avoid getting bored.  What might sound like a good read at 2 P.M. may not sound like a good read at 2 A.M.  I will also make sure I have my meals prepped ahead of time, and have plenty of coffee and snacks at hand to avoid running to the store during my readathon session.  I will be choosing at least 4 to 5 books.  I decided for day time reading I will be reading paperbook novels, while at night I can read from my backlit Kindle while laying in bed as to not disturb my husband.

I am immensely excited for this!  If you are interested in joining, check out all the details at http://24hourreadathon.com/.  If you end up signing up as a cheerleader or a reader, please let me know!  I would love to have other people going into this with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this blog. You don't have to be registered.